atmail suite and mail server 8.5.0
Hi Everyone, we’re excited to announce today’s official release of atmail suite and atmail mail server 8.5.0. This release introduces a number of awesome new features and product improvements, plus resolves various bug fixes.
If you are an atmail on-premises customer, we invite you to log in to your customer portal here and follow the download links to view your available downloads.
If you are an atmail cloud customer, you will know that we have already rolled these changes out to our US cloud (27 February 2019) and EU cloud (6 March 2019).
Summary of atmail 8.5.0 updates
- Shared Calendars
- Enables the sharing of calendars with others. Supports read/read-write access to calendars.
- Enhanced 3rd Party Account Support
- Users can now add their Outlook, Yahoo! or any IMAP account to the interface (Gmail already supported)
- 3rd Party Storage
- Users can now attach from or save to 3rd party storage providers, including Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
- Advanced Search
- Improved search functionality for basic search (including full-text search across inbox, sent and draft folders)
- Advanced search features, empowering a user to target search to specific data from the From, To, Subject, Body (full-text) fields, set parameters such as “unread”, “has attachment” or “is flagged” and also select specific date ranges to search within
- Printing Messages includes attachment details
- Printing messages will now contain the details of all attachments that came with the email (including title, file type and file size)
atmail mail server
- Admin – General
- To help mitigate brute-force attacks, the system can now be configured to lock an account for a specified time period if an admin account password is entered incorrectly multiple times
- The database flag “migrateStatus” has been introduced to allow admins to track which user accounts have been migrated to the platform
- Improved performance
- SQL performance for large installations
- My Files UI performance
- Resource usage
- New translation added
- All translation files reviewed and improved
- Email composer improvements
- Now supports emailing contact groups
- Enhanced WYSIWYG formatting options for mobile devices
atmail mail server
- Improved branding and theme settings, including:
- Increased control over the colours of composer UI and icons
- RBAC improvement allowing administrators to manage themes created by sub-administrator roles
- Improved UX for branding
- Multiple bug fixes
Want more information?
Product updates: For more information about our latest atmail product updates, please view our atmail 8 changelog and/or visit our Help Centre here. If you are a current customer and you have not received this information via email, please let us know here.
Support team: To contact our atmail Support team, please email [email protected] or get in touch via your atmail customer portal.
Product offerings: For more information about atmail suite and/or our other atmail product offerings, we invite you to view our (updated) product brochures here.
Thank you: Finally, a sincere thank you to you – our valued – customers for your ongoing feedback so that we can continuously improve our solutions for you.
New to atmail?
atmail is a cloud services provider that powers 170 million mailboxes worldwide.
We offer modern, user-friendly, cloud hosted email (99.99% uptime and your choice of US or GDPR-compliant EU data centres), as well as on-premises webmail and/or mail server options if you want to keep your data in-house.
With 20 years of white label email expertise, you can trust us to deliver customer email platforms that are secure, stable and scalable.
For more information, please contact us here.