Hi Everyone, we are excited to announce today’s release of atmail suite and atmail mail server (8.4.1). Today’s release is huge and does not disappoint. It introduces a vast number of new features, product improvements and bug fixes, plus includes some important security updates.
If you are an atmail on-premises customer, we invite you to log in to your customer portal here and follow the download links to view your available downloads.
If you are an atmail cloud customer, we will be rolling these changes out automatically to our US cloud later today, Monday 19 November (5pm-8pm AEST) and to our EU cloud tomorrow, Tuesday 20 November (AEST 9am-12pm).
Summary of atmail 8.4.1 updates
- My Files (File Storage)
- Allows a user to store and manage documents within the web interface, attach to emails and save attachments from emails
- Includes support for combined quota for webmail and file storage
- Mini-Cal (Calendar)
- A new, monthly mini-calendar view on the left-side navigation menu, which allows a quick view of upcoming events and an easy selection of the current day
- Email composer enhancements
- Native emoji support
- Inclusion of print icon in top nav
- Mark spam / not spam icons
- Request read receipt
- New Translations
- Simplified Chinese
- Dutch (was already in atmail cloud, but is new to atmail suite on-premises)
- New Settings
- Empty trash on logout
- Event invitation toggles
- Advanced mail filter rules, including support for nested rules
atmail mail server
- Level 1 Support Functions
- Tools to enable Level 1 Support Technicians to provide enhanced support, including access to view relevant user settings, enable/disable mailboxes, view quota usage and access and search an array of logs (POP, IMAP, SMTP, MX, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Webmail Access and Provisioning logs)
- Enhanced logging capabilities with the audit log dash panel
- Auto-configuration tool (3rd party email client configuration)
- Supports the automatic configuration of many 3rd party IMAP clients (such as Outlook, Thunderbird for desktop, Mac Mail for iOS) and support for RFC6186
- White-labelling and branding improvements
- Updates to translation files
- Improved detail in the in-app help files
- Improved calendar invitation handling
- Improved visual indicators for user experience
- Improved Gmail support
- Enhanced password management
- Multiple security enhancements for both atmail suite and mail server
- We strongly encourage you to always keep your system up-to-date with our latest release to maintain the highest levels of security
- For our customers’ protection, atmail does not confirm or disclose the full detail of security issues until patches or updates are also released to our cloud customers (19-20 November AEST)
- Direct clients of atmail who require further information are invited to contact us via your customer portal here
Need further information?
For more information about atmail suite and/or our other atmail product offerings, we invite you to view our (updated) product brochures here.
Finally, a big thanks for your ongoing feedback. It helps us to continuously improve our solutions to serve you (and your customers) better.
New to atmail?
atmail is an email services provider that powers 170 million mailboxes worldwide. We offer modern, user-friendly, cloud hosted email (99.99% uptime and your choice of US or GDPR- compliant EU data centres), as well as on-premises webmail and/or mail server options if you want to keep your data in-house. With 20 years of white label email expertise, you can trust us to deliver customer email platforms that are secure, stable and scalable. If you are interested in learning more, please contact us today for more information.