As part of our commitment to continuous improvement to serve you better, we are pleased to officially announce the on-premises availability of atmail suite and mail server version 8.7. (If you are an atmail cloud customer, you do not need to take any action because you are already on this version.)
With atmail 8.7, we are improving the way that we release products to you. As of now, we will release all product updates through our Public Software Repository, where you can use yum to install (or update to) the latest software releases for new features, product improvements and bug fixes.
As always, we recommend that you install into a test environment and ensure the updates work as expected on your platform, before deploying to production.
Our latest release includes multiple user experience enhancements, including:
- The ability to disable (or enable) email conversation threading
- A visual indication for email that has been replied to (or forwarded)
- Improved email views
- Including filters for read/unread/starred email
- The ability to disable email preview text within the message list for enhanced privacy
- Once enabled, your message list will only display the sender and the subject line of the email
- The ability to set email priority
- Support for setting a default Calendar view
- Day, Week, Month, Agenda
- The ability to quickly view (and add) your Contacts when composing an email
- The ability to add, delete and rename contact groups from the Contacts sidebar, and import distribution lists
- Consistent use of the same terminology across the product
- For example, replacing all references to “flagged” with “starred”
- Language enhancements
- New language packs (Russian and US English)
- The ability to select a language pack from the login page
- Enhanced customisation support, including:
- The ability to customise the password reset URL
- The ability to customise the default text shown to the user in the email composer
- Additional product improvements (from IE11 speed to CIDR support for authentication, to performance improvements through the reduction of API calls, and more)
- Bug fixes (please refer to our full atmail 8 change log)
Class of Service (CoS)
Version 8.7 also introduces Class of Service.
CoS allows an administrator to create and manage profiles with specific features enabled, or settings configured, to support different user tiers.
The following features have CoS support with this on-premises release:
- Advertising – an optional add-on feature for monetisation, which features per-domain layout control. Contact us to learn more.
- Premium antispam and malware detection – an optional, premium, antiabuse offering. Click here to learn more.
- Total quota
We will continue to add CoS support to product features and setting configurations with future releases.
Finally, a sincere thank you for your ongoing feedback. It helps us continuously improve our solutions for you!
Want more information about atmail suite and mail server 8.7?
Product updates: If you are a current customer and you have not received this product update information directly via email, please let us know here and we will check that you are included on our mailing list. For further information about our latest atmail product updates, please review our atmail 8 changelog and/or visit our Help Centre here.
New to atmail?
Welcome! atmail is a cloud services provider that powers more than 170 million mailboxes worldwide. We offer user-friendly, cloud hosted email (and your choice of US or GDPR-compliant EU data centres), as well as on-premises webmail and/or mail server options if you need to keep your data in-house. With 20 years of email expertise, you can trust us to deliver white label, customer email platforms that are safe, secure, stable and scalable. To learn more about how we could help your telco or ISP, we invite you to contact us here.